Friday, February 15, 2008

WE ARE THE BOSS!!!

Returning home has always brought a smile to my face. Due to my nature of work I travel very often from time to time. However this homecoming is rather sweet. To learn that Parliament is dissolved and that the General Elections is just a few weeks away brings a new hope for a new beginning. I had the same feeling 4 years ago, however it's so sad to see how things have deteriorated. Crimes rates are higher than I've ever known it to be, the economy is struggling despite the rosy picture being portrayed and worst of all race relations are at it's lowest ebb.
How things can change in such a short time is bewildering. More so when the change is for the worst and not for the better. Surfing the many blogs, the general feeling is the same. WE WANT CHANGE!!!. I couldn't agree more. Of course I do understand that no one is perfect, however taking into consideration the state of the nation our leaders have taken us nowhere!!! However it is up to us, the rakyat, to determine who represents us for the next term. Currently our leaders don't realize or should I say have forgotten that we are their boss, we are the ones who pay their salaries and they are the ones who should be working for us. Not the other way round. I know I am merely echoing the call for change which is being demanded by concerned and discerning Malaysians.
The need for change is ever more needed here and now. As I have said before, we the public are the BOSS. We determine who will lead us, we are the ones who determines our own future and the future of our children. Vote wisely and vote carefully is all I can say to my fellow citizens.

No comments: