Saturday, March 7, 2009

Where the buck stops - A. Kugan Torture

As a former Naval Officer in the Royal Malaysian Navy I truly believe that officers are responsible for the actions of their men and or chargers. Mind boggling, shock, unbelievable are just some of the words which come to mind when reading the second autopsy report. How could such a thing happen??? What hypocrites our leaders are more so in the police force. They shout and rave at the atrocities of Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. Subjecting suspects to torture is inhumane they say. Often just jumping on the bandwagon for publicity, popularity and support. Where are these UMNO/BN Youth Leaders when there is clear evidence that it's happening in our own backyard???? Why aren't they baying for blood???
Suspending and relocating the police personnel involved IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! Heads have to roll for this!! Responsibility lies with the officers not only at the police station but right to the top. To this day no comments have been made or no mention of any further actions taken albeit there have been statements that a decision will be made on the case at the end of the month??? Does it take that long when the evidence is clear and rock solid???
No need to get into details of the torture Kugan must have gone through prior to his death. WE have all read it. All we want to know now is what is going to be done!!! If the police still intend to 'pussyfoot' themselves out of this mess I for one will keep harping on what is to be done. I am nobody but I am a Malaysian Citizen!!! I will never let this lie!!! I will keep on writing till justice is done. I'm sure I won't be alone in voicing my discontent and dissapointment of PDRM. WHAT A SHAMEFULL DAY TO CALL OURSELVES MALAYSIANS!!!!

No comments: