Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Troubled and Worried

Fearful and worried is all I can feel for the future of our beloved Malaysia. Day in and day out we continue to hear, see and read of the many troubles which we ordinary rakyat are facing or are about to face in the coming years. Never before are we so divided along racial lines as we are now. The worse thing about it is the Powers That Be Are Perpetuating or in simple words making things worse!!! Ministers keep contradicting themselves day in and day out. One minister says this and the other contradicts him. Whats even more worrisome is that even the Prime Minister is being contradicted by his own cabinet members. Matters or issues being contradicted are of a wide range of issues which effect the rakyat as a whole. From betting licenses to scholarships for budding students. How can we the rakyat have any confidence in the government which is supposedly representing us, being held responsible as the custodians of our natural resources and more importantly holding the future of our children in their hands???
Do these ministers not understand that they are dealing with a new generation of Malaysians who are more educated, aware and sensitive to what is happening around them??? Do they still think that we still depend on the main stream media as our only avenue of information??? Presumably they still do, judging by how these ministers behave and make statements. Even professionals like Idris Jala are being rubbished for forecasting what we are facing in the coming years, even though his presentation was based real figures and statistics. A professional like Idris Jala doesn't make statements to the public if he hasn't done his homework so to speak. Sure, his presentation may have been based on worst case scenarios but then again should it not be done in that manner??? Again I must reiterate that I'm no economist neither am I qualified to justify Idris Jala's presentation. However I would sooner believe Idris Jala than anyone else.
I make a decent living for myself, saving as much as I can for the sake and future of both my boys. I'm sure there are many Malaysians like me out there, slogging hard to ensure their future as well as their future generations. What on the other hand is the present government doing to help simple Malaysians like us??? They talk of spending billions on projects supposedly to uplift the economy but in the next breath they say there isn't enough money to help brilliant students who can't afford tertiary education??? They talk of increasing or improving the standard of education but what is being spent on the education system??? No pomp and pageantry there!!!! All we see, hear and read about is the billions that the government is going to spend on white elephants which no doubt will only benefit those closely related to the people who walk the corridors of power.
They ask why there is an exodus of young brilliant Malaysians overseas???? Is it not clear the reason why??? I speak for myself of course when I say that I'm worried and troubled but I am pretty sure there are many fathers like me out there who feel the same way. However although I earn enough to be part of the exodus of Malaysians to greener pastures I AM STAYING!!!! I will never ever give up on Malaysia!! This is my homeland. No one can tell me otherwise!!! If it takes my life I will fight for equal rights for me and for all Malaysian Fathers like myself wanting to see our future generations prosper in their own land. No greedy, selfish politician is going to run me off from my beloved Malaysia!!!!

No comments: