Friday, November 12, 2010

Chinese and Indians not Patriotic Enough????

                     I was so shocked and horrified initially when I read about Zahid Hamidi stating in parliament no less that Chinese and Indians are not (albeit stating maybe) patriotic enough to join the Armed Forces!! So I waited and hoped that it was just rumours being spread which were baseless. However TV3 News even broadcasted his face spewing those words!!! How disgustingly smug and pompous of him to make such statements. Has he even spent a day serving in the Armed Forces??? Has he ever laid his life on the line for the man or comrade fighting side by side in the line of fire be it on land, sea and air?? Lets not even talk about being in the line of fire, has he spent a day patrolling our nations borders in the heat and rain of our rainforest??? Can he honestly say he has the ability to be away from his family for days or weeks on end at sea in a warship?? Damn you Zahid for uttering such words, I have no respect what so ever for people much less so called leaders like you and your ilk.
                   I spent 16 years of my life in the Royal Malaysian Navy serving my country doing my utmost best in every endeavour or challenge put to me. I left and resigned my commission only because I felt I could do no more and I was personally persecuted for trying my best to what is right for the men who served with me with loyalty and honesty.  I resigned my commission with such a heavy heart that only me alone only knew. For you to say that Indians and Chinese citizens of Malaysia are not patriotic enough to want to enlist is utterly disgusting. There are many more serving line officers and men in the Armed Forces who are non-malay still serving with true dedication. Believe you me Zahid they are constantly fighting an uphill battle trying to do what's best not only for the country but for the Armed Forces. How dare you even think of suggesting that they or those who have not enlisted are probably less patriotic.
                    I have commented on articles on some webpages and have stated how I feel. Here now I repeat that a mere explanation will do nothing to redeem yourself. A public apology is what is required from you Zahid. An apology to those who have served and are still serving to the best of their ability in the Armed Forces as a whole. What you have said and done is not only disappointing but also outright slanderous. You are the Defence Minister, you represent ALL serving line officers and men who serve and have served in the Armed Forces. I am truly ashamed to have someone like you to represent me. There are many more like me out there, this I believe. You may have the main stream media on your side but trust me until you publicly apologise you have weakened BN/UMNO!!!!

No comments: